Aug 5, 2009

bye bambi

in the memorial of BAMBI


it happened since yesterday evening. yesterday morning she was still in an active mode, playing with me and looking for me all over the place as usual. she was just being the normal her and nothing abnormal. when i was back from uni yesterday evening, my mum said she got sick later after i left. she did not want to walk, her legs were stiff and she looked just like the previous time when she got fever. plus her body was a bit warm so we suspect her to be having fever again. she did walk for a while but not long because she was weak.

i hug her while i was doing my report. she slept beside me all the while until i went to bed. then before i switch off the lights, i heard her making some noises. we quickly ran downstairs and she was sitting there. so we pat her for a while and try to make her sleep. now, i regretted not being by her side when she need us. we did not know her time is near.

this morning before i went out, bambi was still sleeping there, not moving. all i know is that she kept breathing deeply. my mum took her to the vet and she got no fever. the doctor could not find anything wrong and told my mum that maybe its her time. when i came home, my mum told me that she vomited many times and there was fluid coming out her mouth all the time. i helped to massage her legs because they were stiff. we scare that she cant move and walk anymore. i kept calling her name but she did not even turn her eyeballs and look at me. maybe that time she was suffering and we dont know.

in my room, doing my report, suddenly my brother came in and told me, "bambi passed away". i was like, "har?" because in my mind she is still alive. i did not want to believe that even thought her body was laying in front of me. her eyes were still open. my sis and bro got to watch her leaving. she left at 10.50pm. for 5 minutes my feelings paused. i did not know how to react because its just too sudden. then, my tears never stop flowing down my cheeks. we took her body and tried looking for places to bury her.

finally, we found a park and my bro tried to hard to dig a hole. when the hole was 80% done, suddenly the was a police car stopping in front of our car. we were like, "we are so dead". luckily the policeman said he is ok with it because he thought we were doing something else.

i did help digging the hole because my bro was so tired. the hole got roots so he had to use so much energy to cut the roots. we did not want to dig somewhere in the middle of the park. its obvious right. yeah.. then its time. i put the body into the hole, and while typing this part of the whole story, my tears flows down even faster. i had to say goodbye to her. she was laying there, in front of us and my bro covered her with soil. its hard to say goodbye. though her time with us is not long, only one year, but we developed lots of love and care for her. its the first time we went through all these.

until now, i still cant believe that bambi is gone. she is a really nice dog. she is so sweet and soft that we always tend to bully her. all sort of funny things happened in our house since she appeared in our life. i remember seeing her the first time, she was so skinny and lifeless. her fur texture was so bad, everything was in a bad condition. for the first few days she cant walk and move because she was starved. i still remember when the first time i saw her running towards me, first time to hear her bark, first time seeing her doing some funny actions. i miss bambi.



goodbye bambi.
we miss you so much.
we miss how funny you are, how cute you are.
it happened so suddenly that i did not want to believe that you are gone.
definitely i will remember you.
luckily you did not suffer from pain and sickness before you pass away.
i will try to make myself understand that its your time to leave us.
you must remember that we always do love you.
bye bambi.
:..(

2 comments:

  1. oh dear, im soo sad to hear this. Sigh. My deepest condolences to you cindy. Im sure its hard. Sigh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks... yeah.. its hard at first.... now i feel better... at least not as sad as the day itself..

    ReplyDelete